Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Blah blah Ethics blah blah Morality blah blah BLAH

Just kidding. I'm keeping it simple today; and by 'simple' I mean 'blunt'.

Preliminary Research Question:
How do people interact with architecture? How is behavior dictated or influenced by the physical design of a space? How is space used/misused?

Mmm. Yummy.

Methods:

Observation:
-Who uses this space?
-How do they use it?
-Does this comply with the original intent?

Survey/Interview (anonymous):
-(After observing how an individual uses this space) Why?
-How do you feel you should behave in this space? Why?
-Does your actual behavior reflect this perception? Why or why not?

Online/Library Research:
-Investigate original purpose of space/architecture. Is this reflective of present use? I.e. does function follow or deviate from form?

Toodles. I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

JB said...

I see Erving Goffman in your future.